There are a number of ways to notify of a Claim.
If in Business Hours you can simply contact our office and we can advise you on the most efficient method of lodgement. Be it:
- Lodgement over the phone directly with your insurer
- Completion of claim form together with supporting documents returned to our office
- Appointment of Assessor
Insurers that offer phone lodgement of most types of home, motor and business claims without the need to complete a claim form are Allianz (13 1000), CGU (13 24 81), Vero (1300 888 073). These offices are generally 24 hour call centres that can take the details of your claim and advise you of the next steps in settling the matter.
Please note Liability, Machinery and all Professional Indemnity related claims will always require completion of a claim form.
If your Insurer does not offer phone lodgement or you are unsure of the Insurance Company, simply complete the appropriate claim form and return to our office together with all supporting documents.
What to do in the event of a claim
Property Related Claims
- Take all reasonable precautions to minimise the claim and prevent further loss, damage or liability.
- If theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or lost property notify the police and record the name of the officer, police station and incident number as the insurer will request these details
- Ensure any evidence or damaged items are kept for the insurer or photographs of damage taken if clean up has to commence.
- For damaged items you will need quotes for repairs. If not repairable report stating this together with quotes to replace with like item.
- If stolen or lost you will need proof of ownership together with quotes for replacement items.
Motor Vehicle Claims
- If incident involving a third party do not admit liability
- Record all details of the Third Party including:
- Vehicle description and registration number
- Third parties Insurer and policy number if known
- If your Insurer offers phone lodgement – phone and lodge the claim and they will be able to advise the next steps in the process and in some cases provide you with contact details for a Repairer if you do not have a preferred repairer already.
- If lodging claim with claim form then first obtain quotation for repairs.